Some trends we’ve seen on the rise are matcha and macaroons. Why not combine the two with our Matcha Macaroons with Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling? Give them a try today and share your creation with #30mealsin30days
Our recipe for Matcha Macarons, Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling is easier than it looks. Follow our instructions and we promise you’ll have an impressive teatime snack to share.
Serving size: 2 macarons; Makes 21 servings
3 ounces fresh raspberries
8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
6 egg whites
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 teaspoons unsweetened matcha powder, divided
6 ounces almond flour
1. Press raspberries through a fine mesh strainer. Discard seeds from strainer and set raspberry puree aside.
2. Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature. In a bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth and softened. Add raspberry puree and 1/4 cup powdered sugar until evenly mixed. If piping filling, place cream cheese filling in a piping bag and chill.
3. Place egg whites in a large bowl. Whip with stand or hand mixer until peaks begin to form.
4. Add 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar to mixing bowl and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Add remaining granulated sugar and continue mixing until mixture is shiny.
5. Sift together 2 teaspoons matcha powder, almond flour, and remaining 2 cups powdered sugar. Add almond flour mixture to egg whites. Using a rubber spatula, fold mixture for 1 minute; incorporating the dry ingredients and just slightly deflating egg whites. Place mixture in a piping bag. Cut 1/2″ wide hole in the bottom of the bag.
6. To make cookies, trace 1 ½ inch diameter circles onto parchment paper for easy piping. Spray parchment with nonstick cooking spray. Pipe cookies into circles leaving ½ inch between cookies. Tap completed tray a few times on the counter to rid excess air bubbles.
7. Bake cookies in 275°F oven for 7 minutes. Rotate sheet trays and bake an additional 7 minutes, or until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool and harden.
8. Spoon or pipe ½ tbsp room temperature cream cheese filling between two cookies making a “sandwich”. Using a sifter, garnish cookies with remaining 1 tsp matcha powder.
Nutrition info per serving: 190 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 50 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrates, 27 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein